Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Reflections on The New Art Festival

It has been little less than two weeks since the New Art Festival wrapped up and I think I am finally beginning to recover from all the excitment! The weekend was a fabulous experience and far exceeded my expectations - in slaes and in positive feedback. I couldn't have done it without the help of a core group of people:


Rosalie, who acted as chauffeur extraordinaire and did anything and everything that needed doing. This included bringing me lunch and warm clothes; carrying my pieces to and from the car; doing a last-minute bit of framing; keeping me company; hleping me put together my original submission for the festival's jurry process; and for encouring and inspiring me to go for it in the first place, rusty or not!

Dad and John who built my display easels and kept me in coffee;

Mum, who nurtured my creative juices, carted home storm windows and gave me space to store all my supplies;

Britt and Chris who provided me with a tent to protect my work from the elements;

Dean, who brought me strawberries and kept me company;

Vanessa, who made time in her busy day to visit and helped take down my display on Saturday evening;

and, Sonia for generally making herslef useful!

It really did take a village for me to put this show on and I thank you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment